Tuff Automation is looking for hard-working, talented individuals to add to our team.
Sheet Metal Fabricator
Tuff Automation is seeking a sheet metal fabricator and laser operator. The ideal applicant should have experience in laser operation, brake press, shear, saw cutting, print reading, and general shop operations. This person should be able to change tasks frequently, be organized, have excellent time management skills, and be able to work independently based on schedules and workloads.
If you are mechanically inclined, have a strong desire to learn new skills, can adapt to a fast-changing schedule, and possess a portion of the following requirements, we are willing to train the right individual.
- Solid understanding of proper laser cuts, adjusting parameters, minor maintenance, and adjustments required to efficiently operate a laser.
- Familiarity with processing mild steel (22 ga. – 1”).
- Understanding of brake press operations
- Ability to follow prints and form and fabricate parts correctly
- Knowledge of common shop tools and operation (hand tools, drilling and tapping, saw cutting, grinding, etc. (Mill, lathe, CNC mill, welding, and auto CAD knowledge are a plus).
- Ability to work flexible schedules, some weekends and holidays
- Ability to read and understand blueprints associated with manufacturing
- Must possess a valid Driver’s License with a safe driving record
- Must have reliable transportation
- Must be willing to travel up to a week at a time (20% travel time)
- High School Diploma
- Metal Fabrication: 1 year
- Grand Rapids, MI
Electrician - Controls
Tuff Automation is seeking an electrical controls technician to assist in panel building and machine hardwiring, and provide troubleshooting support for equipment controls and periodic on -call support to plant operations. He or she will participated in project support to equipment installation and upgrade activities.
The ideal electrical controls technician candidate will possess the following:
- Familarity with wiring PLC's
- Familiarity with panel and machine hardwiring
- Ability to read and understand electrical schematics
- Ability to work in a team enviornment
- Flexibility to travel out of state and country
Applicants must have at least 1 year of experience in electrical work.
Required education: High School or equivalent
Required experience: Electrical work 1 year